Back to reality
I posted on: Monday, April 05, 201011:57 pm
Hey peeps! Sorry for not blogging for a while because this past 2-3 weeks has been like a dream to me. It's because I've been having so much fun with the FOC people. Another FOC has just passed and I am glad to have kept the experiences that I learnt during this whole process.
Firstly, This year is a bit special to me because I was selected as a DH. I could remember as a freshie where the DH would interact with every group and I thought it must be cool to be a DH because you get to interact with a lot of people. At first, I thought being a DH would be a fun and easy experience but I was totally wrong! hahaha.
I would say that being a DH, I learnt that I need to be more logical in my thinking, be more aware on what is going on within the GLs, individual Sub-groups and the other houses as well and it takes up alot space in your mind. Also, I have learnt that we need to show a good example to the people around you and by encouraging people around you, work would get done more efficiently and effectively.
I am glad to say that I managed to work with 3 great leaders and I would say we managed to learn something from one another. Even though we may face some rough patches along the way, at the end of everything, we are still very very good friends and I would want to thank you guys for being patient with me and thank you for everything (:
During this past 3 months, I got close to 12 individuals from all walks of life. I had a very very bumpy start with them because I was seen as too fierce (hahaha!) but as time went on and we spent time with one another, we managed to bond and come up with original cheers. From my Jebuh-Jebuh! to Oh Africa!, I would say the cheers that they created would be remembered by the freshies. Some of the moments that I treasure with them were their jokes and laughter. I can recall everyone laughing till their stomach hurt and we would just enjoy ourselves...
Although when we were the first house to get bonded, we had troubles along the way and I hope we managed to solve them. All I want to say to them is that I am sorry if I was too harsh on you guys during these 3 months and the 12 of you has made lots of good memories for me. I just hope this bond wouldn't die off..
The most crazy and original group of FOC Olympus 2010/11! What can I say about them? Thank you very much for singing Happy Birthday to me during my birthday. Also, Thank you for letting be part of your groups during the 4 days and also during your sub-group outings.
I was very very happy whenever I see Hephaestus cheering because I know that all of you are having fun and that was what I wanted the house to do. I hope that the friendship you have made would last through your years in NP and also, do come back to help out in NPSU!
Everyone in the above photo made this camp a success and I would want to say thank you very much for putting in your best effort to make this year the BEST FOC I've been to :D
Finally, to the Camp Comm, we may not interact much but thank you for working hard to make this camp a success. Thank you for taking all the bullshit hahahaha. Also, Thank you for just being fn and loving people! :D
Ok.. I shall close this chapter of my life and look forward to the future. If not people will start asking why you keep talking about FOC. hahaha!
BAoc is tomorrow. I need to wake up at 6.30am. SIAN! I will blog soon promise!
signing off,
Qaiser